Image: Matto Lucas Photography
The Bayside Design Market is seeking independent, established and emerging designers/makers from the local community and greater Melbourne.
All items sold at the market are to be quality products of sound design that are handmade in Victoria.
Stallholder selection will be curated by the selection committee with a view to providing a variety of mediums being represented at the market.
- Products must be handmade by the stall-holder;
- Products must be made within Australia;
- Any product with working parts / electrical components must have all the necessary licenses and approvals;
- A variety of mediums is preferred and will influence selection processes (i.e. jewellery, ceramics, homewares, textiles, stationery, illustrators and other design).
Products not allowed:
- Consumable goods including foods and beauty products
- Children's toys
- Second-hand electrical items or tools
- Demonstration that the product/s exhibit sound design principles - Assessment weighting 40%
- Products to demonstrate artistic merit (perceived quality as works of art - how the product fits with Melbourne's contemporary design scene) - Assessment weighting 40%
- Local designer/maker (Local includes a resident within the Municipality of Bayside City Council or a business registered within the Municipality of Bayside City Council) - Assessment weighting 20%
The Evaluation panel will comprise of two Arts & Culture Unit staff members and an Industry Expert. Evaluation will be facilitated by the Cultural Development Officer to review all stallholder applications against the Qualifying Requirements. Stage two of the assessment will be judged against the Assessment Criteria by the Evaluation Panel. Final approval and sign-off by the Manager Family & Cultural Services.
Would you like to volunteer to be part of the Stallholder Selection Panel for the Bayside Design Market?
Bayside City Council are looking for a volunteer to sit on the stallholder selection panel for the Bayside Design Market. Local makers who have knowledge of craft, art and design are welcome to apply (members of Craft Victoria are encouraged to apply).
To apply please send a 500 word brief on why you would be the right one for us and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest close 1 October
For more information please contact Mark Potter on 9599 4444 or email@example.com
Applications are now open for the Christmas edition...More>
Stallholder fee payment
Once notification has been received by applicants that they have been successful in being selected as a stallholder the stallholder fee is to be received within seven days.
The stallholder fee is $150 (excluding GST) per stall.
Stallholder payment form...More>
21 June 2016 - Applications open
7 October (was 26 August 2016) - Deadline for stallholder submissions
14 October ( was 6 September 2016) - Notification of successful applicants
27 October 2016 - Deadline for stallholder fee payment
E: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Arts & Culture Unit on P: (03) 9599 4444
If you would like to stay informed of planning progress and updated stallholder selection guidelines register for Bayside's Arts & Culture eNewsletter
Page last updated: 09 Sep 2016