Community Grants Policy
The overall objectives of the community grant program are:
- Assist community organisations to establish, extend and improve programs and services that address local needs, and are not provided by any tier of government or the private sector. (This does not preclude grants for organisations such as kindergartens where the grant is for projects that will not attract federal or state government funding.)
- Encourage voluntary activity, community participation and the contribution of local groups and organisations to community life.
- Promote community development and build social capital.
- Encourage innovative approaches to emerging issues and needs.
- Invest in community capacity to operate multi-purpose community centres that are accessible to residents throughout Bayside.
- Assist groups and individuals in taking up opportunities that will return benefits to the Bayside community.
- Respond to community and individual needs in times of crisis.
Annual Community Grants Program 2013-2014
Applications for Council’s annual Community Grants Program will be considered for initiatives which strengthen and enrich community life.
Grants of up to $5000 each will be considered for initiatives by community groups that meet the objectives of the Bayside Community Grants Policy March 2010.
Applications will open Monday 8 April 2013 and close COB Friday 31 May 2013.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend an information session, before submitting an application. At the information session the application process will be explained and there will be an opportunity to ask questions and to network with other community groups.
|Date and Time||Venue|
|Monday 29 April 2013, 1.30-2.30pm||Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham|
|Wednesday 8 May 2013, 6.30-7.30pm||Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham|
| Friday 17 May 2013,
|Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham|
If your organisation or group would like to apply for an annual community grant please see the following steps.
Step 1 – Read the community grants guidelines
Step 2 – If you are a new applicant please attend one of the community grant information sessions.
Step 3 – View the online application form to ensure you have all the relevant information to commence the process.
Should you require any further assistance please contact Council’s Coordinator Community Partnerships on 9599 4696.
Page last updated: 17 Apr 2013