Reservations and renewing items
You can reserve both on-loan and available items from the Library Catalogue. You will be notified by mail or email when the item you have reserved is allocated to you.
To make a reservation
- Find the item you want in our Library Catalogue
- Select it by clicking on the title
- Click on the "Place Reservation" button
- You will be notified by email or mail when the reservation is available.
Login to your borrower record to view your current loans, renew items and view other details. You will need your borrower number and library PIN.
- If items are reserved by other borrowers you will not be able to renew them online.
- If you have overdue items you will not be able to renew any items online.
- If you have fines or charges of more than $10 on your account you will not be able to renew any items online.
Getting a reminder when your books are due
If you are registered to receive library notices by email you will receive a reminder email three days before your books are due. If you do not return them on time, you will receive an overdue notice and accrue fines.
If you have more than one Library card in the family you may want to subscribe to Library Elf to group all your reminders together.
Please be aware that Library Elf is a third party product and Bayside Library Service cannot support you with any problems you encounter using it, and we have no control over the privacy or security of your account information supplied to them.
Library Elf is a free third party website that emails you a few days before your loans are due and also if they become overdue. You can customise how often Library Elf emails you. Sign up for Library Elf at their website (your borrower number is the numbers after X3191 on your library card without any spaces). You can add multiple cards to your Library Elf account and it will check all of them and report to the one email address.
Page last updated: 07 Feb 2013