Building and property information
If you are buying or selling a property, or preparing a Building Permit application, you will need an information or history statement for one or more of the following details.
Building Regulation 326 (1)
- details of any building permits issued in the preceding 10 years
- details of any current statements issued under Building Regulation 502 or 503
- details of any current notices, order or certificate issued under the Building Act or Building Regulations
Building Regulation 326 (2)
Information as to whether the building or land is in an area:
- liable to flooding within the meaning of Building Regulation 802,
- designated under Building Regulation 803 as an area in which buildings are likely to be subject to infestation by termites,
- an area determined under Building Regulation 805 to be likely to be subject to significant snowfalls,
- designated land or works within the meaning of Building Regulation 806.
Building Regulation 326 (3)
Inspection approval dates of the mandatory notification stages for building work carried out on that building or land.
If you are buying or selling a property you will need to download our form titled Request for Information 326(1)(a) &(c) on our building forms page
If you are undertaking a building permit you will need to download our form titled Request for Information 326(2)(a),(b),(c),(d) &(e) on our building forms page
These forms indicate the required fee for the provision of this information.
For more information contact Council’s Building Surveying Department on (03) 9599 4660.
Page last updated: 08 Jul 2015