Hard waste/bundled branches service
Christmas/New year period
Bookings have now closed.
Bookings for hard waste/bundled branches (including christmas trees) will re-open at 8.30am on Monday 5 January.
* Bookings should be made as soon as possible after you have placed your items out on the nature strip *
We've moved to an on call booking service for hard waste collections. The booking service replaces the biannual collection that occurred in April and November.
This new and improved service offers better flexibility and convenience for our community, improved recycling rates and less mess on our footpaths and streets caused by scavengers.
Every property is entitled to two booked collections each calendar year and this is included in your Waste Charge. There is no change to what residents can put out for collection and the size limit remains 4 cubic metres (2m x 2m x 1m).
Please note that properties can only book one collection at a time and collections must not exceed 4 cubic metres.
You may also want to have a look at other disposal options if this does not meet your needs.
How to book a service
Bookings have now closed for 2014.
Bookings will re-open on Monday 5 January at 8.30am.
The collections can include the following materials:
- General hard waste (incl. scrap metal items)
- Mattress and mattress bases (either 2 mattresses or 1 mattress and base)
- Electronic waste (incl. Televisions and Computers)
- Bundled branches (Christmas Pine trees included but only in January)
The items above can be combined for each collection but cannot exceed four cubic metres (2m x 2m x 1m) and items must be able to be lifted by two people.
- Tin, scrap iron, spouting and other waste products up to 2m in length
- Sinks, wash basins and chinaware
- Household furniture such as chairs, couches and mattresses
- Tools, equipment and mowers
- Toys, old sporting goods and playground equipment (dismantled)
- Carpet and linoleum - must be rolled and tied - no longer than 2m and limited to 1 cubic metre
- Timber (neatly tied and not exceeding 2m in length - no more than ten pieces)
- Household appliances and whitegoods (doors from fridges and freezers must be removed)
- Hot water services
- Prunings and branches less than 150mm in diameter and 1.8 metres in length (securely tied in bundles of up to 300mm diameter)
- Items which are suitable for the household recycling bin such as cardboard and paper. (If the item is too large for the household recycling bin it can be taken to the Talinga Road Waste Transfer and Recycling Centre)
- Waste from industrial and commercial premises
- Waste from construction, renovation or demolition of domestic buildings
- Bricks, concrete, stone, clay, fencing, sand or soil
- Hazardous waste, including asbestos, paints and chemicals
- Tyres, large car body parts or batteries of any type
- Unwrapped or broken glass
- Timber exceeding 2m in length and/or more than 10 pieces
- Any item longer than 2m and/or too heavy for two people to lift
- Bagged green waste, clippings, soft plants or weeds
- Rose bushes or thorny plants, ivy, bamboo, creepers and palm tree
- Timber, tree stumps or roots
- Untied branches
More information about responsible disposal options
Please note: residents will receive a notice in their letterbox if the materials were not booked, non compliant or not placed out in time. Items will be cleared within four working days but could be cleared by 6am the next business day so items must be out in time.
Your hard waste booking checklist
- Check that your materials are eligible for collection, as listed above
- Place your materials on the nature strip only on the day you are going to book
- Materials must be placed in their collection category and in neat piles on the nature strip
- Contact Customer Service to book your service on 9599 4444
Page last updated: 17 Dec 2014