Street Party

Having a street party is great way for neighbours to come together, get to know each other and in doing so, build friendships and a more connected community.

Do I need a permit?

Street parties that involve the closure of a road require a permit. This ensures the safety of party goers and still allows for people to get around local neighbourhoods.

An application form should be submitted 28 days before your party.

The application fee is $50.

Council covers the costs of barriers, traffic management plans and site inspections for street closures.

Steps to applying for a permit

Notify your neighbours in writing that you intend to apply for a street party permit at least one week before you lodge your application.

Submit your application together with:

  • a copy of the flyer used to notify residents
  • any objections sent to you as the organiser
  • a plan of the exact location
  • public liability insurance certificate of currency for at least $20 million
  • application fee of $50

Help with planning your street party

The Bayside Street Party information kit (PDF, 407KB) includes:

  • Application form
  • Guidelines for street parties
  • Sample flyer to notify neighbours
  • Handy tips for organising your party
  • Sample invitation