Waste transfer and recycling centre
The Bayside Waste Transfer and Recycling Centre can be used for the safe disposal of general or bulky waste, including building and demolition materials.
Garden and building supplies are available for purchase at the Centre, including soils, sands, mulches and pebbles.
Bayside residents can dispose of the following materials free of charge by sorting and placing materials in the correct area.
- Aluminium and steel cans
- Glass and plastic bottles/containers
- Paint tins (empty with no wet paint and lids to be removed)
- Paper/cardboard (commercial quantities will incur a fee)
- Wine bottle corks
- Car batteries
- Scrap metal/white goods
- Motor and hyrdraulic oil (a small fee of $1.00/litre applies)
- LPG gas bottles (Bayside residents only)
Charges will apply for general hard rubbish, green waste, concrete, tyres and mattresses.
You may also want to have a look at other disposal options if this does not meet your needs.
Please note: in extreme weather conditions and times of high winds, the waste centre may be closed to the public. If winds are high, please call 03 9585 4385 to check the centre is accepting waste before departing.
Operated by Copper Rock - for more information refer to their website
Page last updated: 21 Mar 2016