Storytime sessions (birth to five years)
Bayside libraries hold a range of storytime sessions each month to help children:
- get introduced to new and classic stories
- develop language and motor skills
- learn to socialise with other children
- develop a love of books and libraries
Storytime sessions are held at Bayside library branches and include:
- Baby Rhyme Time (birth to 18 months)
- Toddler Storytime (18 months to 3 years)
- Preschool Storytime (3-5 years)
Baby Rhyme Time is designed to introduce your child to language, literature and the library. By exposing your child to a wide variety of the best books available and making reading an everyday part of life you will lay the foundations for a life long love of reading.
Sessions last for 15 to 20 minutes and run from February to December during the school term.
Baby Rhyme Time locations, dates and times:
Fourth Wednesday of the month from 10.30-10.50am
Second and Fourth Friday of the month from 10.30-10.50am
Second Thursday of the month from 10.30-10.50am
Third Monday of the month from 10.30-10.50am
Toddler Storytime caters for the changes in children's development after 18 months. These sessions will include stories, songs and rhymes. Sessions last for 25 to 30 minutes and run from February to December during the school term.
Toddler Storytime locations, dates and times:
Third Thursday of the month from 10.30-11.00am
Second and Fourth Monday of the month from 10.30-11.00am
Fourth Thursday of the month from 10.30-11.00am
Third Friday of the month from 10.30-11.00am
Sessions last from 40 to 45 minutes, are held weekly and run from February to December during the school term.
Preschool Storytime locations, dates and times:
Each Monday and Friday from 10.30-11.15am
Each Tuesday and Thursday from 10.30-11.15am
Each Monday from 10.30-11.15am
Each Tuesday and Wednesday from 10.30-11.15am
Important notes for Storytime sessions:
- To maximise the benefits available from storytime it is important to give your full attention to the program. This includes listening to the stories with your children and participating in the activities.
- Please refrain from talking and eating during the session as it is distracting to the children and others.
- If your child is restless or unhappy please feel free to leave and try again at another session.
- Please note that Storytimes do not run during school holidays. The Bayside Library Service offers special school holiday activities that are conducted at all branches and the program is available a few weeks prior to the holidays.
Page last updated: 11 Apr 2016