How 1000 Books Before School works
- Come into your local Bayside library with your membership card
- Register for the program and receive your first reading record and reading kit.
- Mark, colour or place a sticker on your reading record each time you read together with your child.
- Each time you reach a milestone in your reading record, bring it in to your local Bayside library for a special reward.
- Every book that your child completes, or listens to counts, this includes stories read at:
- storytime sessions
- day care
You can read books from anywhere and read them as many times as you want.
The program finishes once your child reaches 1000 books, or starts school.