Planning Scheme Amendment C126
We are implementing the strategy into the Bayside Planning Scheme through Amendment C126. The amendment implements the strategy by:
- Establishing a defined role and vision for each small shopping centre.
- Introducing design guidelines for new development including height and setback controls.
- Rezoning some commercial strips to encourage a greater range of local uses to meet the community needs.
Where are we up to?
Having received over 170 submissions to the amendment, Council requested the Minister for Planning to appoint an independent planning panel to consider submissions.
The panel hearing is scheduled to commence on 29 November 2018. This is an opportunity for all submitters to present to the panel.
Once complete, the panel will then make recommendations about whether any changes should be made to the amendment.
Where can I view the Amendment documents?
The revised amendment documentation is available to view free of charge at the following places:
- The Department of Land, Water, Environment and Planning website.
- Bayside City Council Corporate Centre, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham (during office hours).
How can I stay informed?
If you would like to stay up to date on the status of the amendment without making a submission, you can subscribe for email updates on this and other amendments.
For any questions, contact our Strategic Planning department on (03) 9599 4631 or email AmendmentC126 [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (.)