Planning Scheme Amendment C126
We are implementing the strategy into the Bayside Planning Scheme through Amendment C126. The amendment implements the strategy by:
- Establishing a defined role and vision for each small shopping centre.
- Introducing design guidelines for new development including height and setback controls.
- Rezoning some commercial strips to encourage a greater range of local uses to meet the community needs.
Where are we up to?
Having already sought feedback on the amendment in March 2017, we received over 90 submissions from the community. In response, we undertook a review of the Small Activity Centres Strategy and Amendment C126 to consider the issues raised by submitters and the changes which have occurred in the centres over time.
The Council considered the recommendations of the review at its 20 February 2018 Ordinary Meeting and resolved to:
- Adopt the outcomes of the review of the Small Activity Centres Strategy 2014 and Amendment C126.
- Amend the C126 documentation to reflect the outcomes of the review.
- Write to the Minister for Planning seeking re-authorisation of Amendment C126.
- Re-exhibit Amendment C126 once re-authorisation is granted, and
- Write to all submitters to advise of its decision.
Re-exhibition of Amendment C126
We are now seeking feedback on the revisions to the amendment. The revised amendment documentation is available below.
Bayside C126 Explanatory Report Re-exhibition (PDF, 855.92KB)
Bayside C126 Instruction Sheet Re-exhibition (PDF, 76.90KB)
Clauses and schedules
Local Planning Policy Framework
- Proposed Revised Clause 21.02 (PDF, 4.55MB)
- Proposed Revised Clause 21.06 (PDF, 135.14KB)
- Proposed Revised Clause 21.07 (PDF, 132.89KB)
- Proposed Revised Clause 21.11 (PDF, 860.36KB)
- Proposed Revised Clause 22.09 (PDF, 114.75KB)
- Proposed Revised Schedule to Clause 52.28 (PDF, 116.75KB)
Design and Development Overlays
- Proposed Design and Development Overlay Schedule 13 (PDF, 213.86KB)
- Proposed Design and Development Overlay Schedule 14 (PDF, 333.91KB)
- Proposed Design and Development Overlay Schedule 15 (PDF, 211.95KB)
- Proposed Design and Development Overlay Schedule 16 (PDF, 128.95KB)
- Proposed Design and Development Overlay Schedule 17 (PDF, 182.97KB)
- Changes to 001znMap01 (PDF, 701.89KB)
- Changes to 002znMap02 (PDF, 709.11KB)
- Changes to 003znMap03 (PDF, 563.72KB)
- Changes to 004znMap04 (PDF, 290.45KB)
- Changes to 005znMap05 (PDF, 355.23KB)
- Changes to 006d-ddoMap01 (deletion) (PDF, 746.28KB)
- Changes to 007d-ddoMap02 (deletion) (PDF, 737.74KB)
- Changes to 008d-ddoMap03 (deletion) (PDF, 641.76KB)
- Changes to 009d-ddoMap04 (deletion) (PDF, 309.42KB)
- Changes to 010d-ddoMap05 (deletion) (PDF, 315.30KB)
- Changes to 011ddoMap01 (PDF, 876.97KB)
- Changes to 012ddoMap02 (PDF, 861.62KB)
- Changes to 013ddoMap03 (PDF, 546.28KB)
- Changes to 014ddoMap04 (PDF, 546.28KB)
- Changes to 015ddoMap05 (PDF, 318.71KB)
Supporting documents, clauses and schedules in track changes format
- Bayside Small Activity Centres Strategy July 2013 - Part 1 (PDF, 3.56MB)
- Bayside Small Activity Centres Strategy July 2013 - Part 2 (PDF, 16.19MB)
- Bayside Small Activity Centres Strategy July 2013 - Part 3 (PDF, 23.07MB)
- Bayside Small Activity Centres Urban Design and Built Review December 2017 – Echelon Planning (PDF, 7.00MB)
- Small Activity Centres Strategy Economic Analysis Sept 2017 – SGS Economics and Planning (PDF, 8.42MB)
- Clause 21.02 track changes (PDF, 1.28MB)
- Clause 21.06 track changes (PDF, 135.14KB)
- Clause 21.07 track changes (PDF, 55.44KB)
- Clause 21.11 track changes (PDF, 5.74MB)
- Clause 22.09 track changes (PDF, 35.18KB)
- Schedule to Clause 52.28 track changes (PDF, 23.38KB)
The revised amendment documentation is available to view free of charge at the following places:
- The Department of Land, Water, Environment and Planning website.
- Bayside City Council Corporate Centre, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham (during office hours).
The originally exhibited amendment documentation is available here.
Want to make a submission?
If the amendment will affect you and you would like to support or propose changes you can make a submission.
Submissions made in writing must contain:
- Your name
- Contact address
- Grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed and any changes you wish to make
Send your submission to
Amendment C126, Bayside City Council, PO Box 27, Sandringham VIC 3191
Submission closing date
Submissions about the amendment must be received by 16 July 2018.
Why do we need your contact details?
Your details are required for us to consider submissions and to notify you of the opportunity to attend Council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions.
Will my submission be available publicly?
We must make a copy of every submission available at our office for any person to inspect free of charge for 2 months after the amendment comes into operation or lapses.
What happens next?
Once the exhibition is completed, all submissions will be considered by Council. Under the Planning and Environment Act 1987, Council can decide whether to make the change requested by submissions to the amendment or request that the Minister for Planning appoints an independent panel to review and hear submissions.
Before making a final decision on the amendment, Council will consider the independent panel’s advice. If the amendment is adopted by Council, then it will be submitted to the Minister for Planning for final approval.
Panel hearing dates
- Directions hearing: 17 September 2018
- Panel hearing: 22 October 2018
Panel Hearing dates are subject to change, however, confirmation will be provided to any person who makes a submission to the amendment.
How can I stay informed?
If you would like to stay up to date on the status of the amendment without making a submission, you can subscribe for email updates on this and other amendments.
For any questions, contact our Strategic Planning department on (03) 9599 4458 or email AmendmentC126 [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (.)