Bayside Annual Community Grants
The Annual Community Grants program is now open and will close 4pm Friday 25th May 2018.
Information sessions will be held at Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham on the following dates:
- Friday 13th April, 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Monday 23rd April, 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Thursday 10th May, 10am – 11am
Computer sessions to assist those who need IT support will be held at Brighton Library on the following dates:
- Thursday 19th April, 1pm – 4pm
- Wednesday 16th May, 1pm – 4pm
How are submissions evaluated?
Grants of up to $5,000 each will be considered for initiatives by eligible community groups that meet the objectives of our Grants Policy and the Annual Community Grants Guidelines.
Bayside City Council Grants Policy (PDF, 279.13KB)
Bayside City Council Grants Policy (DOCX, 128.58KB)
Annual Community Grants Guidelines (PDF, 381.14KB)
Annual Community Grants Guidelines (DOCX, 124.55KB)
Applications will be evaluated against the criteria contained in the guidelines and rated by our officers on:
- Evidence of need
- Community involvement and inclusion
- Equity and access for the community
- Environmental sustainability
- Overall expected benefits
- Fit with policies and priorities, particularly the goals of the Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy 2017-2021.
Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy 2017-2021 (PDF, 3.27MB).
We will determine the distribution of annual grants from the budgeted allocation following the assessment by our officers.
What are they not available for?
Annual Community Grants will not be made for:
- Ongoing core operational costs such as salaries, training, facility maintenance, insurance, rent, utilities, infrastructure, capital projects and rubbish removal etc.
- Initiatives that receive significant funding from another funding agency or are the responsibility of State or Federal government.
- Fundraising for or by philanthropic foundations or charities.
- Activities that form part of a school curricular or extracurricular program.
- Organisations which have an outstanding debt to Council or have not satisfactorily acquitted a previous grant.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact our Grants Officer, (03) 9599 4413, or grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au