Bayside Annual Community Grants
The Annual Community Grants program is now open and will close Thursday May 21 2019.
Grants of up to $7,500 each will be considered for initiatives by eligible community groups that meet the objectives of our Grants Policy and the Annual Community Grants Guidelines.
Bayside City Council Grants Policy (PDF, 232.93KB)
Bayside City Council Grants Policy (DOCX, 128.18KB)
Annual Community Grants Guidelines (PDF, 380.97KB)
Annual Community Grants Guidelines (DOCX, 124.70KB)
Applications will be evaluated against the criteria contained in the guidelines and rated by our officers on:
- Evidence of need
- Community involvement and inclusion
- Equity and access for the community
- Environmental sustainability
- Overall expected benefits
- Fit with policies and priorities, particularly the goals of the Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy 2017-2021.
Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy 2017-2021 (PDF, 3.27MB).
Key dates for Annual Community Grants 2019
- Annual Community Grants open Monday 8 April 9 am.
- Information sessions delivered at Bayside City Council Corporate Centre.
- Tuesday 16 April 10 am -11 am
- Wednesday 8 May 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Monday 13 May 2 pm - 3 pm
- IT support session Brighton Library Computer Room Thursday 9 May 2 pm - 3 pm (bookings essential).
- Annual Community Grants close Tuesday 21 May 2 pm.
Successful grant recipients 2018-2019
A full list of successful grant recipients for 2018-2019 can be found here.
Successful Grant Recipients (PDF, 298.88KB)
What are they not available for?
Annual Community Grants will not be made for:
- Ongoing core operational costs such as salaries, training, facility maintenance, insurance, rent, utilities, infrastructure, capital projects and rubbish removal etc.
- Initiatives that receive significant funding from another funding agency or are the responsibility of State or Federal government.
- Fundraising for or by philanthropic foundations or charities.
- Activities that form part of a school curricular or extracurricular program.
- Organisations which have an outstanding debt to Council or have not satisfactorily acquitted a previous grant.
- One off events.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact our Community Development Officer , (03) 9599 4686, or grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au