Applications for Bayside Annual Community Grants will open on Monday 12 April at 9am and will close on Wednesday 19 May at 5pm.
Grants of up to $7,500 each will be considered for initiatives by eligible community groups that meet the objectives of our Grants Policy and the Annual Community Grants Guidelines.
Annual Community Grants 2021/2022 Guideline (PDF, 274.25KB)
Bayside City Council Grants Policy (PDF, 387.38KB)
Applications are evaluated against the criteria contained in the guidelines and assessed on:
- Organisations’ level of connection to Bayside;
- Equitable opportunity and organisational sustainability – i.e. number of previous grants recieved;
- Evidence of community need;
- Overall expected benefits for the community;
- Alignment with Council’s strategic documents – particularly the Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy 2017-2021;
- Ability to strengthen local community and build capacity;
- Ability to increase participation and inclusion opportunities; and
- Environmental benefits and sustainability.
Priority will be given to initiatives that target vulnerable members of the community, build resilience or reach new audiences.
Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy 2017-2021 (PDF, 3.27MB)
A list of previously funded successful applications can be found here: Successful Applications - 2020/21
Grants will not be made under this program to:
- Profit-making or commercial enterprises
- Registered political parties
- Government agencies
- Fundraising appeals for or by philanthropic foundations or charities
- Projects or initiatives that receive significant funding from another funding agency
- Programs that are the responsibility of State or Federal government
- Projects or activities that form part of a school’s curricular or extracurricular program
- Organisations which have an outstanding debt to Council or have not satisfactorily acquitted a previous grant; or
- Fund ongoing core operational costs such as salaries, training, facility maintenance, insurance, rent, utilities, infrastructure, capital projects and rubbish removal etc.
Note: Projects or initiatives that meet the funding purpose of an alternative grant program within Council’s Contingency Grants (for example, Events and Festivals) will be referred to the more appropriate stream. Applicants are encouraged to review all of Council’s available funding streams for suitability prior to submitting an application.
- Monday 12 April 9am - Annual Community Grant round opens
- Tuesday 13 April 1-2pm - Information session delivered at Bayside City Council Corporate Centre (bookings essential - note information will be uploaded following this session for those unable to attend)
- Tuesday 4 May 1-2pm - IT support session Brighton Library Computer room (bookings essential)
- Wednesday 19 May 5pm - Annual Community Grant round closes
grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (subject: Interest%20in%20attending%20the%20Annual%20Community%20Grants%20information%20session, body: Name%3A%20%0APhone%20number%3A%20%0AOrganisation%3A%20) (Email to book the Annual Community Grants information session)
grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (subject: Interest%20in%20attending%20the%20Annual%20Community%20Grants%20IT%20support%20session, body: Name%3A%20%0APhone%20number%3A%20%0AOrganisation%3A%20) (Email to book the Annual Community Grants IT support session)
Alternatively, grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (email ) with your name, contact number, organisation and which session you'd like to book.
Should you have any further enquiries please contact our Community Development Officer, (03) 9599 4787, or grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au