Bayside Annual Community Grants 2020/21
Grants of up to $7,500 each will be considered for initiatives by eligible community groups that meet the objectives of our Grants Policy and the Annual Community Grants Guidelines.
Annual Community Grants 2020/2021 Guideline (DOCX, 124.91KB)
Bayside City Council Grants Policy (PDF, 232.93KB)
Bayside City Council Grants Policy (DOCX, 128.18KB)
Applications will be evaluated against the criteria contained in the guidelines and assessed on:
- Evidence of community need;
- Overall expected benefits for the community;
- Ability to strengthen local community and build capacity;
- Ability to increase participation and inclusion opportunities;
- Environmental benefits and sustainability; and
- Alignment with Council’s strategic documents – particularly the Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy 2017-2021
Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy 2017-2021 (PDF, 3.27MB)
In addition to the above criteria, due to the long-term impacts of the current Covid-19 pandemic, programs and activities which aim to improve mental health and build social connections will be given a higher priority for this funding round. This will be reflected in Council’s assessment of applications.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for a Bayside Annual Community Grant:
- The applicant must be a not-for-profit organisation
- The applicant must be either:
- an incorporated association or similar legal entity; or
- auspiced by another organisation that is incorporated (or has a similar legal identity) and can manage the grant on behalf of the applicant.
- The applicant organisation (or auspicing body) must have Public Liability Insurance that is deemed appropriate by Council’s Risk Manager.
- The applicant must:
- have a membership that is wholly or significantly made up of people who are Bayside residents or ratepayers; and /or
- submit a grant proposal for a program or project that significantly benefits the Bayside community.
Annual Community Grants are not available for:
- Ongoing core operational costs such as salaries, training, facility maintenance, insurance, rent, utilities, infrastructure, capital projects and rubbish removal etc.
- Projects or initiatives that receive significant funding from another funding agency or that are the responsibility of State or Federal government including activities that form part of a school curricular or extracurricular program.
- Fundraising for or by philanthropic foundations or charities.
- Organisations which have an outstanding debt to Council or have not satisfactorily acquitted a previous grant.
- One off events (please see our Events and Festivals grant stream for event funding).
Key dates for Annual Community Grants 2020
- Annual Community Grants open Friday 8 May 9.00am
- Information sessions not held this year due to Covid-19 - For information please see presentation (PDF, 580.31KB)
- IT support sessions not held this year due to Covid-19
- Annual Community Grants close Friday 5 June 2.00pm
- Successful applicants announced late August 2020
- Funding acquitted by 30 June 2021
Successful Grant Recipients 2019/20
A list of successful grant recipients for 2019/20 can be found here:
Successful Grant Recipients (PDF, 468.77KB)
Should you have any further enquiries please contact our Community Development Officer, (03) 9599 4787, or grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au