About the Bayside Local Exhibition
Bayside Local is an exhibition that showcases the work of accomplished artists demonstrating a link to Bayside. The exhibition will be held 29 January – 1 March 2020 at Bayside Gallery.
The theme for this year’s exhibition is ‘journeys and discoveries’. This can interpreted in a variety of ways from the literal to the poetic. For example, you may consider the concept of a personal journey or discovery relating to an inner state or a revelation, a technical discovery or achievement, the journey of a line on paper, or the discovery of beauty in a small detail of nature. We encourage artists to respond to the theme in the widest possible sense.
There are no specifications for size or artwork medium, but those that present safety concerns or are offensive will not be considered.
Bayside Gallery does not facilitate artwork sales. Sales enquiries will be directed to the artist or their nominated representative.
Find out more about Bayside Gallery.
Applications must fulfil the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrate a high standard of technical ability and conceptual awareness
- Demonstrate a coherent body of work that is ready and appropriate for public exhibition
- Artist must have exhibited work in the last 5 years
- Artist must demonstrate a link to Bayside. This can include living in Bayside or along the Bay, attending art classes locally, subject matter is local or having worked in the area.
The Curator reserves the right to reject incomplete or non-complying applications.
Submitting your artwork
- Please provide up to 5 300dpi JPG images and complete the list of artworks below.
- Images are to be labelled in the following format: Name_Surname_Title_date.jpg with underscores between words. eg. Charles_Conder_A_holiday_at_Mentone_1888.jpg
- Screen-based artworks should be submitted as easily playable MOV or AVI files.
- Files requiring the installation of special software or drivers may be disregarded. If submitting DVD video discs, the discs must be playable on a standard DVD player.
Deadline for applications is Friday 18 October 2019.
We expect to notify all applicants of their outcome by the end of November 2019.
All enquiries regarding your application, support material and general program information should be directed to the Curator on:
(03) 9261 7111 (during business hours)
gallery [at] bayside.vic.gov.au