About Bayside Local Exhibition
Bayside Local is an exhibition that showcases the work of accomplished artists demonstrating a link to Bayside. In 2021 we are excited to be including the work of senior school students (years 11 and 12) who either work or study in Bayside into the exhibition.
The application form for students can be found here.
- The exhibition will be held 28 January – 1 March 2021 at Bayside Gallery
- Applications close on Friday 16 October 2020
- We expect to notify all artists of the outcome of their application by the end of November 2020
- If selected, artists are responsible for delivering their artwork to Bayside Gallery in mid January 2021.
Selection criteria for adults applying for Bayside Local
Applications must fulfil the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrate a high standard of technical ability and conceptual awareness
- Demonstrate a coherent body of work that is ready and appropriate for public exhibition
- Artist must have exhibited work in the last 5 years
- Artwork must have been completed in the last 2 years
- Artist must demonstrate a link to Bayside. This can include living in Bayside or along the Bay, attending art classes locally, subject matter is local or having worked in the area.
There is no theme or specifications for size or artwork medium, but those that present safety concerns or are offensive will not be considered. All 2D artworks must come prepared for hanging and display (suitably framed if applicable, or have D-rings attached to the back of the work) and be free of dirt and insect contamination.
Bayside Gallery does not facilitate artwork sales. Sales enquiries will be directed to the artist or their nominated representative.
The Curator reserves the right to reject incomplete or non-complying applications.
Submitting your artwork
- Please provide up to 5 300dpi JPG images and complete the list of artworks below.
- Images are to be labelled in the following format: Name_Surname_Title_date.jpg with underscores between words. eg. Charles_Conder_A_holiday_at_Mentone_1888.jpg
- Screen-based artworks should be submitted as easily playable MOV or MP4 files and be provided to Bayside Gallery via ShareFile in the below form.
- Files requiring the installation of special software or drivers may be disregarded.
All enquiries regarding your application, support material and general program information should be directed to Susanne Ciavatta, Customer Services Officer/Arts Administration, Customer & Cultural Services at Bayside Gallery on:
(03) 9261 7111 (during business hours)
gallery [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (subject: Enquiry%20about%20Bayside%20Local)