Key details for the 2016 Election
- Election conducted by a postal vote.
- Number of vacancies – seven councillors.
- Estimated total enrolment on voters’ roll – approximately 74,000.
- Election day – Friday 21 October (ballot closes at 6pm).
- Counting commences Saturday 22 October (electronically).
- Declaration of election on Wednesday 2 November 2016.
- Electoral office is the Former Brighton Courthouse, Carpenter Street Brighton.
(3pm and 6pm)
|Victorian Electoral Commission information session on the mechanics of nominating. Corporate Centre, 76 Royal Avenue Sandringham|
|14 September||Opening of the Election Office
Former Brighton Court House
|15 September||Opening of nominations to Stand for Council|
|20 September||Nomination day
Nominations must be received by 12 noon.
Ballot draw for ballot paper.
|21 September||Lodgement of candidate statements and photographs|
|4–6 October||Election packs mailout|
|21 October||Voting closes at 6pm sharp|
|22 October||Election Day|
|24–31 October||Postal vote receipt period|
|2 November||Declaration of the Election at 6pm|