Highlights of the draft 2016-17 budget include:
- More than $14 million to upgrade sporting infrastructure including new pavilions to be built at Dendy Park, Cheltenham Reserve, Banksia Reserve and Elsternwick Park, reconstruction of the ground at Chisholm Reserve and new lighting at Dendy Park, Hurlingham Park and AW Oliver and Tulip Street baseball facilities.
- $6.3 million in road and footpath renewal including improvements to bike paths.
- More than $4.5 million to enhance Baysideâs iconic foreshore, including a stunning new building incorporating the Brighton Life Saving Club, a cafÃ© and public amenities to improve facilities for the 65,000 visitors to the beach each year.
- More than $3 million for drainage renewal including $500,000 for a stormwater harvesting project to create a sustainable water supply for Dendy Park and Brighton Golf Club.
- More than $1.7 million to upgrade Sandringham village streetscape.
- Almost $1 million to redevelop playgrounds across Bayside.
- $135,000 to expand the use of steam for weed control in areas frequented by children.