Sportsground lighting proposal
- Four 25 metre black powder coated poles with lamp fittings will be installed as per the plan below.
- The lighting system is independently certified to meet Australian standards.
- The lighting will provide an appropriately lit oval allowing players to safely train during the twilight and evening.
- The planned height and location of the poles and positioning of the lamps will ensure light is directed onto the sportsground and not into surrounding properties.
- Council has consulted a bat expert on the design of the lighting in order to minimise the effect on Cheltenham Park’s resident microbat population.
Works are anticipated to commence in early 2018. The sportsground will be open to the public during construction with restricted access when the light poles are erected and lamps positioned.
New pavilion features
- 4 new female friendly change rooms
- All abilities access
- Kitchen and kiosk facilities
- Unisex umpires facilities
- Indoor community space with shelter for spectators
- First aid room
- Public toilets
Council investment in pavilion
Scheduled completion of pavilion
Recreation and Events Coordinator
An artist's impression of the new Cheltenham Park pavilion