Storytime introduces children to language, literature and the library. The best way to lay the foundations for a life-long love of reading is to introduce children to a wide variety of books and making reading an everyday part of life. They run from February to December during school terms. For venues, dates and times please refer to our brochure or the News and Events section
Storytime brochure (PDF, 838.90KB).
Baby Rhyme Time
- 0 to 18 months
- Sessions are 15 to 20 minutes.
- 18 months to 3 years
- Sessions are 25 to 30 minutes.
- 3 to 5 years
- Sessions are 40 to 45 minutes.
Story Box Library online
For a fun storytime any time, visit the Story Box website.
During school holidays, our libraries have a variety of activities and events to educate and entertain.
Bookings open two weeks prior to commencement. Full program and booking details available in the what's on booklet or website calendar of events.
Search for books to read next
View the online catalogue to find books in the following categories:
- Adventure: stories with lots of action.
- Animals: stories about our animal friends.
- Crime: puzzle solving stories.
- Fantasy: stories like Harry Potter.
- Humour: who doesn't love a good laugh?