Council COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Program
Free Rapid Antigen Tests are now available for all community members
Free Rapid Antigen Tests are now available for all community members to collect at the following locations:
- Beaumaris Library, 96 Reserve Road, Beaumaris
- Brighton Library, 14 Wilson Street, Brighton
- Hampton Library, 1D Service Street, Hampton
- Sandringham Library, 8 Waltham St, Sandringham
- Sandringham Corporate Centre, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham
- Bayside Gallery, Corner Wilson and, Carpenter St, Brighton.
If you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please do not collect rapid antigen tests until you are well. If you can’t get to a location, someone else can collect free rapid antigen tests for you.
Who can get free rapid antigen tests?
All community members who present to a collection site can receive up to 10 tests (2 kits) for themselves, plus up to 10 tests (2 kits) for each member of their household per visit.
Community members requesting tests do not need to verify eligibility and do not need to reside within the municipality.
The current testing advice determines the following quantities for priority and high-risk community members (or someone collecting tests on their behalf)
- People with disabilities or their carer can receive 20 tests (4 kits) per visit, including:
- NDIS participants
- Disability support pensioners
- People with a disability who receive a Transport Accident Commission benefit.
- People who are 70 years or older, immunocompromised or have a concession card can also receive 20 tests (4 kits) per visit.
What if I have symptoms or I am a contact of a COVID-19 case?
You should not go to a council site if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
Someone can collect rapid antigen tests on your behalf at any council collection site.
Where can I get more information on the use of RATs?
For more information about getting tested and reporting a positive rapid antigen test result, visit the Department of Health website.
Alternatively, you can call the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 675 398.