When do you need to pay?
Levies must be paid when applications for planning permits (including subdivision) are approved. The drainage levy charge sheet is to be filled out and submitted with the payment. Plans will not be endorsed until payment has been made.
Drainage levy charge sheet (DOCX, 130.52KB)
How much do you need to pay?
The levy amount payable in 2017/18 is:
- $2,000 for each additional ground floor dwelling
- $1,000 for each additional flat/apartment or upper floor dwelling
- $520 per 100 square metres of additional gross building floor area or per 100 square metres of site area, whichever is the lesser, for new commercial development on land zoned Commercial
- $2,000 per 600 square metres of site area for new non-residential development on land zoned residential
Download the development contributions calculator (XLSX, 11.45KB)
Development exempt from paying the levy
The following types of development are exempt from paying the levy:
- One dwelling on a block of land that has not been subdivided
- One new dwelling that replaces an existing dwelling
- Additions or extensions to dwellings
- Commercial development that does not increase the existing building floor area
- Development on public land that is to be used for a public purpose in the future
Download the Drainage Development Contributions Plan (PDF, 1.89MB).