When do you need to pay?
Levies must be paid when applications for planning permits (including subdivision) are approved. We will send you an invoice for the payment when the planning permit is issued. Plans will not be endorsed until payment has been made.
How to pay your contribution online
If you have received a request for payment, you can search for your catchment and pay online. The process is:
- Go to our eCouncil portal
- Enter your catchment number into the Menu Search field and click Go
- Select the catchment above the menu
- You can then enter the Permit Reference Number in the Account field and commence the payment process
How much do you need to pay?
The levy amount payable in 2018/19 is:
- $2,020 for each additional ground floor dwelling
- $1,010 for each additional flat/apartment or upper floor dwelling
- $525 per 100 square metres of additional gross building floor area or per 100 square metres of site area, whichever is the lesser, for new commercial development on land zoned Commercial
- $2,020 per 600 square metres of site area for new non-residential development on land zoned residential
(Note: amounts are rounded to the nearest dollar)
Development exempt from paying the levy
The following types of development are exempt from paying the levy:
- One dwelling on a block of land that has not been subdivided
- One new dwelling that replaces an existing dwelling
- Additions or extensions to dwellings
- Commercial development that does not increase the existing building floor area
- Development on public land that is to be used for a public purpose in the future
Download the Drainage Development Contributions Plan (PDF, 1.89MB).