Just as we teach our children to be safe around water and when crossing the road, we also need to teach our children body safety.
This workshop will explain how to keep children safe from abuse in the real world and online world.
Topics covered include:
- Childhood sexual abuse; the risks and misconceptions
- Identifying trusted adults
- Identifying grooming behaviours
- Age-appropriate play
- Digital technology, grooming and abuse prevention
- Practical body safety strategies to use at home
- Starting discussions with your children about their right to be safe
- Supporting the at-risk child including self-care
About the presenter
Deanne Carson is the CEO of Body Safety Australia, a not-for-profit organisation promoting childhoods free from violence and supporting respectful relationships.