Every term we compile a list of available sportsgrounds for use. If a sportsground doesn’t appear in this list it has been:
- assessed as “restricted use only” and will be allocated in accordance with the sportsground allocation policy; or
- has been closed as a result of a capital works program.
Suitability of the sportsground
It is important you check the available facilities, dates and times of the sportsground before applying. It is important to note:
- We will not provide access to sports pavilions, please ensure that you check the toilets availability at each venue are suitable before requesting use of a sportsground.
- Sportsgrounds can only be used for the purpose listed.
- The grounds highlighted in bold are turf wicket sportsgrounds and will have the centre wicket isolated at all times. The fencing is not to be removed at any time and schools are advised that these grounds are only suitable for modified sports, not full ground access.
Dates and times available
We are taking bookings for the period of 9 October to 22 December 2017.
Available times are:
- Elsternwick Park 3 and 4 from 10.30am to 3pm
- all other sportsgrounds from 9am to 3pm.
Once you have a suitable available sportsground you can apply by submitting the following forms:
|AW Oliver||N/A||Baseball and softball|
|Brighton Beach Oval*||Yes||Other|
|Cheltenham Park East and West||Yes||Cricket|
|Cheltenham Recreation Reserve*||Yes||Other|
|Destructor Reserve||Yes||Cricket, Baseball and Softball|
|Dendy Park Cross Country Track||1 x unisex||Athletics|
|Dendy Park Lower Ovals (Synthetic)*||1 x unisex||Cricket|
|Donald McDonald Reserve*||1 x unisex||Other|
|Elsternwick Park 2*||Yes||Other|
|Elsternwick Park 3||1 x exeloo||Cricket|
|Elsternwick Park 4||1 x exeloo||Cricket|
|Elsternwick Park Cross Country Track||1 x exeloo||Athletics|
|Hurlingham Park Oval 2||1 x unisex||Cricket|
|Peterson Reserve Oval 2||1 x unisex||Cricket|
|Shipston Reserve*||1 x unisex||Other|
|Sillitoe Reserve||1 x unisex||Cricket|
|Simpson Reserve||1 x unisex||Cricket|
|Trey Bit Reserve||Yes||Cricket|
|Tulip Street Reserve||Yes||Baseball and softball|
|Whyte Street Reserve||Yes||Cricket|
|Widdop Street Reserve||1 x unisex||Cricket|
|William Street Reserve||Yes||Cricket|
|Wilson Recreation Reserve||Yes||Cricket|
Grounds marked with * are turf wicket sportsgrounds and will have the centre wicket isolated at all times. The fencing is not to be removed at any time and schools are advised that these grounds are only suitable for modified sports, not full ground access.
- Sportsgrounds are not available for use outside of the hours listed above. If you require after-hours usage of a sportsground, usage will be subject to additional charges.
- We reserve the right to change any allocation due to ground conditions, risk assessment and possible safety issues. Where it is possible we will offer an alternate sportsground.
- Booking requests must be received no less than 7 working days prior to the first booking date required.
- All applications are to be lodged using the online process.
- Applications are requests only until you receive written confirmation from Council officers.
- School use will be monitored, bookings that are not being utilised will be cancelled.