Powers, discretions and functions
The powers of the Board functions are referenced in the Instrument of Delegation to the Bayside Arts Board which is included in the attached Charter.
A summary of the activities of the Board include:
- Advise Council on the strategic direction of art programming including public art;
- Advise Council on a potential location for display of collection or installation of art in the public domain;
- Recommend acquisition proposals submitted by the Curator within budget, and consider proposals for de-accession from the Collection;
- Provide advice and assistance to Council Officers in proposing potential donors or bequests for the Collection;
- Make recommendations regarding the care and maintenance of the Collection;
- Approve Bayside Gallery Exhibitions and public programs;
- Approve marketing and promotion strategies; and
- Seek funding from external sources through the pursuit of donations, sponsorship, fundraising, bequests and philanthropic opportunities.
The composition of the Board
The Bayside Arts Board comprises of the following members:
- Cr James Long BM JP (Chairperson)
- Cr Sonia Castelli
- Cr Alex del Porto
- Ms Tiziana Borghese
- Ms Angelina Beninati
- Mr Brian Hewitt
- Ms Sarah Morris
- Ms Bo Rutecki
- Mr Arvind Vasan
Bayside Arts Board charter and instrument of delegation (PDF, 1.57MB)
The strategic plan maps the goals, objectives, success indicators and targets for the Bayside Gallery over the next 4 years against which performance will be measured.