Governance Rules determine the way in which Council will:
- make decisions fairly and in the best interests of the Bayside community
- elect its Mayor and Deputy Mayor
- conduct meetings of Council and Delegated Committees
- give notice of meetings and record and make available meeting records
- be informed in its decisions making through community engagement advisory committees and reports
- require the disclosure and management of conflict of interest
- apply rules for the conduct of Council and Councillors during Elections Periods, and for the use of Council’s common seal.
Section 60 of the Local Government Act 2020 (the Act) requires each council to adopt and apply governance rules that describe the way they will conduct council meetings and make decisions.
Bayside City Council transitioned from Local Law No 1 – 2013 (Governance Local Law) to the format of Governance Rules, as required by the Act on 1 September 2020.
Governance Rules 2020 (PDF, 1.97MB)
Governance Rules 2020 (DOCX, 1.85MB)