What does the Home Library Service provide?
- Books, magazines and other library materials delivered to the door.
- Volunteers deliver books and other materials to retirement villages and accommodation facilities.
Who can use the Home Library Service?
- Bayside residents who live at home or in a care facility, and are unable to visit or have someone take them to a library, or borrow on their behalf.
- Community members wanting to use the service will be assessed to ensure they meet the eligibility criteria.
How does the Home Library Service operate?
- Home Library Service visits are scheduled monthly on the same day.
- Delivery times may vary due to volunteers’ commitments.
- Extra visits are not possible due to staffing constraints.
- The borrower needs to be home to accept delivery of their books/items. If this is not possible, patrons are expected to phone the library to make other arrangements.
- Home Library Service patrons should return items in good condition. If items are lost or damaged then borrowers will be responsible for the replacement.
What can I borrow?
- You can borrow up to 15 items from the libraries extensive collection of fiction, non-fiction, large print and regular print, magazines, books on audio CDs, DVDs, music CDs and items in languages other than English.
- Home Library Service clients are encouraged to provide their reading tastes and attempts to accommodate their requests will be made.
- Council operates a community bus and some customers may be eligible for this service.
Membership to the Bayside Home Library Service will be reviewed annually.
How do I apply?
You can download the form below as either a Adobe PDF or Word document:
Delivery service membership application form (PDF, 126.19KB)
Delivery service membership application form (DOCX, 464.97KB)
Complete and mail to:
Bayside Home Library Service
14 Wilson Street
Brighton VIC 3186