Victoria’s largest provider of housing and homelessness support services. We provide flexible, specialist services that directly assist thousands of men, women, young people, children and families every year.
Free call 24 hours. Opening Doors on 1800 825 955 - you can visit at 11 Chesterville Rd, Cheltenham
Not-for-profit community charity providing an extensive range of services for community members.
Ask Izzy is free and anonymous. You can search over 360,000 services to find housing, meals, healthcare, counselling, legal advice, addiction treatment and a whole lot more.
Want to volunteer?
Volunteer to help reduce and eliminate homelessness within the community or post an opportunity.
1) Volunteer to help reduce and eliminate homelessness within the community or post an opportunity. Search or post opportunities.
2) Help dispel misconceptions about homelessness by learning the facts, visit Council to Homeless Persons' website. You can share your learnings on social media with the hashtag #mynameisau.
3) Support the call for a fairer housing system for all Australians by signing on to the Everybody’s Home campaign.
4) Offer employment and training opportunities in your business or organisation to give a chance to someone who really needs it.
5) Share your strengths such as expertise, material goods or donations and encourage your friends and family to do the same.
What is Bayside City Council doing about homelessness?
The Housing Strategy Review is investigating ways in which we can support the delivery of affordable housing in Bayside.
On our website we list the organisations that people can contact, whether it be to understand what homelessness is, through to ways to donate time, services, products or money, to help eliminate it.
We are also actively working with all identified people experiencing homelessness, linking them with support services.
If you have any questions or concerns about homelessness in Bayside please call us on (03) 9599 4444.
If you would like to speak to somebody about the My Name Is...Project please call our Community Wellbeing team on (03) 9599 4787.
To find out what our partners are doing to address homelessness please visit their websites:
The My Name Is…Project is a joint initiative of the Cities of Bayside, Port Phillip and Kingston supported by Council to Homeless Persons.
Together with 6 inspiring individuals who have experienced homelessness, we are helping to shine a light on homelessness. We want to confront the stereotypes and stigmas of people experiencing homelessness. It is a diverse and complex issue. The stereotypes and misreporting that surround it are impacting on the steps that can be taken to help eliminate homelessness.
We recognise the critical shortage of affordable housing across Melbourne and support increasing the amount of affordable housing. Affordable housing is a complex issue. All levels of government, federal, state and local have a responsibility in this issue.
The community is also concerned about homelessness and people want to know how they can help. Through the project, we will be drawing attention to the many ways individuals can help.