Service performance highlights
- 99% of lost registered cats and dogs returned to their owners.
- 95% of council resolutions made in public, open meetings.
- 96% councillor meeting attendance.
- 100% of food premises non-compliance notifications followed up.
- 23% of residents are active library users.
- 100% of Bayside babies are enrolled in maternal and child health service.
- 95% of sealed roads don’t requiring renewal.
- 49% of garbage, recyclable and green organics are diverted from landfill.
- 94% of Commonwealth quality standards for aged and disability care are met.
Priority areas for improvement
Significant increases in the number of planning applications lodged impacted our decision-making timeframes.
A review of this service in 2015 identified opportunities for improvement to:
- improve the timeliness and efficiency of the service
- reduce costs per planning application.
A number of changes are continuing to lead to significant improvement in our results.