Wherever possible, stormwater shall flow under gravity in pipes and not be pumped, unless agreed to by Infrastructure staff beforehand. For minor areas a pumped discharge may be considered but it must connect into our underground drainage system; the details are to be resolved with Infrastructure staff beforehand.
Approved stormwater pipe materials:
- reinforced concrete, class 2 rubber ring joints
- cast iron, complying with AS1631
- class 12 UPVC complying with AS3500.1
Minimum pipe sizes should be:
- from houses or multi-unit development: 100mm diameter
- from grating pits or trench grates: 150mm diameter
- under the road pavement: 300mm diameter
How do I request a legal point of discharge?
You can make your request via our online form.
What is the process?
- Your application is submitted and payment is made online.
- We assess your application in 5 to 10 working days and confirm any details.
- The legal point of discharge letter is emailed to the applicant with an attached services plan.
Please note that verbal legal point of discharge advice will not be provided and that all responses will be provided via email.
For more information
For more information contact the Asset Protection Department by calling (03) 9599 4444 in business hours.
You can also read our Discharge of Pumped Subterranean Water Policy on our Policies page.