Part A Submission to the panel
Part A Submission and appendices are available for download:
- Part A Submission (PDF, 445.88KB)
- Appendix 1: 23 February 2016 Ordinary Meeting Council agenda and minutes (PDF, 5.06MB)
- Appendix 2: Authorisation letter (PDF, 485.66KB)
- Appendix 3: Exhibited Amendment documents (PDF, 3.93MB)
- Appendix 4: Amendment C153 response to submissions (PDF, 2.47MB)
- Appendix 5: 27 April 2016 Ordinary Meeting Council agenda and minutes (PDF, 764.54KB)
- Appendix 6: 27 June 2016 Ordinary Meeting Council agenda and minutes (PDF, 512.05KB)
- Appendix 7: Chronology of events (PDF, 252.49KB)
- Appendix 8: Special Building Overlay provisions - Bayside Planning Scheme (PDF, 50.92KB)
- Appendix 9: Land Subject to Inundation Overlay provisions - Bayside Planning Scheme (PDF, 43.92KB)
- Appendix 10: VicSmart Provisions - Bayside Planning Scheme (PDF, 113.37KB)
Changes to the Special Building Overlay
The SBO applies to land likely to be affected by overland flows from the urban drainage system during a one in a hundred year flood event.
The changes to the boundaries of the SBO mean that some properties will be within the overlay boundaries for the first time, some properties will no longer be covered, and other partially included properties may have more or less of their land covered by the overlay.
For properties within the SBO boundaries, a planning permit is required to construct a building, carry out works and to subdivide land. This enables drainage and flooding issues to be addressed early in the development process by, for example, raising building floor levels. It also ensures that flood waters are not obstructed or diverted by new development, causing an increased problem for existing development.
Changes to the Land Subject to Inundation Overlay
The LSIO applies to part of Elsternwick Park. This overlay identifies land susceptible to overflowing of a watercourse, usually streams and rivers. It generally excludes flooding caused by stormwater channels (such as pipes and drains). It is proposed to remove this overlay and extend the SBO, which is more suited to the kind of flooding events likely to impact Elsternwick Park.
How is my property affected?
How can I find out more?
The amendment documentation is available for public inspection, free of charge, during office hours at the following places:
- Bayside City Council Corporate Centre, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham.
- During opening hours at one of Bayside's libraries
- Visit Planning Scheme Amendments online
To stay up to date with the amendment without making a submission, register your details here
What happens next?
The Planning Panel will take place on 11 December 2017. Submitters will have an opportunity to present to the panel.
Once the Planning Panel has made its recommendation, we may request the Minister for Planning to approve the amendment.
For more information
For more details on the Planning Scheme and Amendment C153, please contact the Urban Strategy team on (03) 9599 4368 or email enquiries [at] bayside.vic.gov.au
For further technical information or property specific queries including flood levels, flooding impacts and required floor levels for new buildings or extensions to existing buildings, please contact Melbourne Water on (03) 9679 7517 or email land.development [at] melbournewater.com.au