The League promotes contemporary art music activities in Victoria within the context of the Asia-Pacific region. The MCL works with national and international organisations that are interested in composition, promotion and performance of indigenous and contemporary art music.
East meets west: A concert of new chamber music from Australia and Tatarstan
- George Dreyfus Larino, Safe Haven for two Bb clarinets and bass clarinet (1990)
- Anatoly Luppov Music for Three Clarinets (2017)*
- Jena Capes Two Souls and a Bird for clarinet trio (2017)*
- Colin McKellar Spiral Four for three clarinets (2017)*
- Elmir Nizamov The Hunt for three clarinets (2017)*
- David Henderson Berceuse and Brazileira for clarinet trio (2017)*
- John Arthur Grant, Seven Rejoinders for clarinet trio (2017)*
- Ilgam Baytiryak Three Songs for three clarinets (2017)*
- Haydn Reeder A Jaunty Tune for three clarinets (2011)*
- Rashid Kalimullin Trio for Three Clarinets (2017)*
- Andrián Pertout Interpolatūs for clarinet trio, no. 442b (2017)*
*World Premiere Performance
For further information on the Melbourne Composers’ League and how to get involved, visit www.melbournecomposersleague.com
View the program at a glance on our program page.
Lady from the Orient (detail) 1995, Katija Farac-Pertout, oil on canvas, 44.1cm x 33.3cm Provided by the Melbourne Composers' League and courtesy of the artist.