Wednesday, April 11, 2018
The Bayside Annual Community Grants program is now open and accepting applications.
Grants of up to $5,000 are available to support eligible community groups. The Grants program:
- assists not-for-profit and community organisations to establish, extend and improve programs and services that address local needs, and for which funding is not provided through federal or state governments;
- encourage voluntary activity, community participation and the contribution of local groups and organisations to community life;
- promote sustainable community development and builds social capital; and
- encourage innovative approaches to emerging issues and needs.
Funding is not made for equipment or core operational costs related to an organisation’s day to day function.
A Community Grants application should:
- be written in a way that someone who is reading the project for the first time can clearly understand;
- include a clear, detailed budget;
- identify the needs and value of the project to Bayside, with the outcomes expected clearly linked to the goals of Council’s Wellbeing for All Ages and Abilities Strategy (link);
- include up to date public liability insurance – must be valid throughout requested funding term; and
- have correct and up to date contact information.
All Bayside Annual Community Grants program funding from previous years must be acquitted before 25 May to be eligible for funding in 2018.
Grant applications will be accepted until 4pm Friday 25 May 2018.
For more information come along to a Grants Information Session on:
- Friday 13 April, 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Monday 23 April, 5.30pm – 6.30pm
- Thursday 10 May, 10am – 11am
All information sessions will be held at Bayside City Council, 76 Royal Avenue, Sandringham.
If you need help with making a grant application via our online Smartygrants system, please come along to an IT Assistance Session at Brighton Library. RVSP via grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (subject: Bayside%20Community%20Grants%20program%20-%20IT%20Assistance%20Session)
- Thursday 19 April, 1pm – 4pm
- Wednesday 16 May, 1pm – 4pm
If you have any questions regarding the grants process please contact Bayside’s Community Grants and Volunteer Officer on (03) 9599 4686 at grants [at] bayside.vic.gov.au (subject: Bayside%20Community%20Grants%20program)