Thursday, November 30, 2017
We see them in action every day in Bayside – people and organisations that go above and beyond to help individuals, groups or the environment in our local community.
Who do you know someone that does? – nominate them now for a 2018 Australia Day Award.
Your nomination will help us thank and acknowledge the personal contributions or the outstanding community service these people and organisations have given - either this year, or over a number of years.
Nominate someone special now for:
- Citizen of the Year
- Young Citizen of the Year
- Community Event of the Year
- Environmental Achievement - Individual
- Environmental Achievement - Organisation
To be eligible for the:
- Australia Day Citizen Award the person must be 27 years or older on January 26 2018.
- Australia Day Young Citizen Award the person must be under 27 years of age on January 2018
- Event of the Year Award: Presented the group or organisation must have staged the most outstanding community event during 2017.
Completed nomination forms must be received by close of business on 23 December 2017.
The Awards will be announced on Australia Day 2018.
Last year the much coveted award winner of the 2017 Citizen of the Year was Robert Bishop.
The award was given in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the Bayside community over 35 years as a volunteer with the Victoria State Emergency Service (SES).
The 2017 Community Event of the Year went to the Swimland Great Australia Day swim conducted by the Rotary Club of Brighton.
Sandringham Foreshore Association founder Associate Professor Vicki Kotsirilos received an award for her contribution to Bayside’s natural environment and in recognition to a range of other environmental programs.
The Sandringham Yacht Club was awarded the organisational environment award for their work in achieving and maintaining Level 3 Clean Marina accreditation.
All nominations can be lodged online or emailed to tcallant [at] bayside.vic.gov.au.
For details about Australia Day Awards nominations.