Thursday, November 1, 2018
Entries now open for one of Victoria’s major annual art prizes for painting
Bayside City Council is now calling for entries from emerging and established artists for the Bayside Acquisitive Art Prize. Now in its fifth year, the Bayside Acquisitive Art Prize has established itself as one of Victoria’s major annual art prizes for painting.
The annual prize is an important opportunity for Bayside City Council to add exceptional works of art to its collection and to promote art and artists as a valuable part of the Bayside community. The three categories of the prize are judged by a panel of industry experts.
This year we welcome Jane Devery, Curator, Contemporary Art, National Gallery of Victoria, and Anthony Fitzpatrick, Curator, TarraWarra Museum of Art, who will join Joanna Bosse, Curator, Bayside Gallery on the 2019 judging panel.
- $15,000 Bayside Acquisitive Art Prize
- $3,000 Local Art Prize
- $1,000 People's Choice Prize
- Jane Devery Curator, Contemporary Art, National Gallery of Victoria
- Anthony Fitzpatrick Curator, TarraWarra Museum of Art
- Joanna Bosse Curator, Bayside Gallery
- Applications close 5pm Friday 1 March 2019
- Selection notification by Sunday 31 March 2019
- Work delivery 14 May – 19 May 2019
- Announcement and official opening Thursday 23 May 2019, 6–8pm
- Finalist exhibition dates Friday 24 May – Sunday 21 July 2019
- Work collection 23 July – 27 July 2019
Online baysideacquisitiveartprize.com.au or contact Bayside Gallery for a hard copy entry form.
Brighton Town Hall
Cnr Carpenter & Wilson Streets
Wednesday – Friday, 11am-5pm
03 9261 7111
gallery [at] bayside.vic.gov.au