Friday, January 4, 2019
Good news! Online and phone bookings for 2019 hard waste collections are now open.
So if you want to get rid of your Christmas tree, or you are doing a new year tidy up and want to get rid of some unwanted stuff, now's the time to get it sorted. Remember to be sustainable though and reduce the amount of waste going to landfill by donating any items in good condition to charities or offer for free via Gumtree or online community groups.
Each Bayside residential property can book two hard rubbish and bundled branches collections per calendar year.
When you book a hard waste collection, items should be placed in neat piles with hard waste separated from bundled branches. The combined size of all items must not exceed four cubic metres.
You can make a booking online once all of your items are placed on the nature strip.
Items accepted for hard waste can include:
- Furniture including chairs and couches
- Mattresses - limit of 2 mattresses or 1 mattress and 1 base
- Household appliances and whitegoods - fridges with doors removed
- Toys, sporting goods and dismantled playground equipment
- Carpet and linoleum – rolled and tied, no longer than 2m and not exceeding 1 cubic metre
- Timber – neatly tied, no more than 10 pieces or exceeding 2m in length
- Metal, tin and iron not exceeding 2m in length
- e-Waste including printers, monitors, computers and TVs
- Large branches in bundles of less than 150mm in diameter and 1.8m in length (small garden prunnings should be included in your green waste bin. You can also chop up your Christmas Tree and pop it in your green waste bin to save on a hard waste collection).