Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Dancing, jingling Santa’s braved the weather on Sunday for the 2017 annual Rotary Santa Rally from the Trevor Barker oval to Green Point.
The sea of Santas walking, riding and being pushed in prams, ignored the looming rain clouds in favour of festive celebrations lead by Santa in his sleigh, hand crafted by the Men’s Shed.
Also over the weekend the Concourse Christmas Carnival attracted more than 2000 people who kicked off their festive celebrations for the local community.
With the support of the Rotary Club of Beaumaris and the Concourse Traders the carnival, that included live music, dancing in the streets and kids activities, was a great success.
The annual events are just some of the popular Bayside Christmas events still to come this Christmas:
- Shops on Show 2017 – Voting now open at Shops on Show;
- Black Rock Village Festival, Thursday 30 November 5-8pm for a sausage sizzle, Santa, a petting zoo and more;
- Lighting of the Christmas Tree Hampton St, Friday 1 December from 5.30-8pm Mayor Cr Laurie Evans lighting the tree at 485 Hampton St (Outside Taste of Siam);
- Christmas on Bay St, Saturday 2 December from 10-2pm, family fun with brass band, Santa, petting zoo and more;
- Carols in the Park – Bayside’s Gala Christmas event on Tuesday 12 December from 5pm – 9.30pm pack your picnic rugs and nestle in for night of family fun, carols, fireworks and more. Details at Carols In The Park
Find out more about Christmas in Bayside 2017.