Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Have your say on proposed new designs for some of Bayside’s best known playgrounds – tell us if we’ve got it right.
The upgrades are part of our $10 million plan to upgrade all of Bayside’s 61 playgrounds.
In March we sought community input on upgrading North Road Foreshore Playground and Dendy Park South Playground in Brighton, as well as FL Yott playground in Beaumaris.
Now’s your opportunity to let us know whether we got the designs right – in person at playground drop-ins sessions this Saturday 25 November at:
- North Road foreshore playground from 9-10am
- Dendy Park South playground from 10.30-11.30am or
- online bayside.vic.gov.au/haveyoursay
The proposed improvements at the North Road Foreshore Playground include:
- A new wooden boat structure with a range of play elements including a slide and climbing nets;
- Removal of the existing large and small boats;
- Replacing the spring rockers with new marine themed rockers;
- Miniature trampolines and a basket swing;
- Two new sandpits with water play elements.
The proposed landscaping improvements at North Road Foreshore Playground include:
- The existing timber decking will be replaced and a handrail added;
- Playground surfaces will be replaced and new trees planted for shade;
- Existing seats will be retained and new seats added;
- Additional planting and rockwork.
At Dendy Park South, the new the playground design reflects the open and natural appeal of the park while providing a range of play experiences.
A new public artwork will be commissioned for the playground. The artist’s brief will be to create a sense of wonder and play and respond to the special nature of the site.
Proposed play equipment includes:
- Upgrading the existing swings and installing a new basket swing;
- Installing an extensive rope play structure with timber posts and log elements;
- A large embankment slide with timber decking;
- Adding rubber to the existing mounds;
- Low rockwork providing a seating edge.
At F.L. Yott Playground in Beaumaris, proposed play equipment includes:
- The existing play tower/slide will be replaced with a new play unit including a slide;
- The existing swings will be upgraded and a new basket swing added;
- The seesaw and spring rockers will be retained;
- A sandpit with rock elements will be added;
- Rubber play surface will be added under the swings.
To view the playground designs and to have your say on line go to www.yoursay.bayside.vic.gov.au/playgrounds