Wednesday, October 28, 2020
Now that restrictions are easing, it’s a great opportunity to rediscover many of the things you love about Bayside.
We are all eager to reconnect with the people, places, experiences and simple pleasures that we’ve missed during COVID-19 restrictions.
And Bayside City Council is continuing to support our community as we look to the future.
Over coming months we’ll be rolling out a range of initiatives to carefully, safely and steadily support residents, businesses and our highly valued and varied community groups.
We will support you to rediscover life in Bayside, not as usual, but as “COVID Normal”:
- Rediscover dining – with the expansion of outdoor dining into our streets and open spaces, to eat, drink and be merry (in a COVID Safe fashion) in our fabulous local cafes, restaurants and bars.
- Rediscover shopping – with expanded outdoor trading and artistic installations in our shopping villages. Get your retail fix by shopping locally and supporting the businessses that support our community.
- Rediscover friends – introducing new social connections programs and volunteering initiatives to re-establish or create new social connections. Stay tuned for more details.
- Rediscover events – with a range of new, smaller events across the municipality in our open spaces and shopping villages. We may not be able to gather ‘en masse for Carols this year but we’re planning a series of fun, community and celebratory COVID Safe events. Keep an eye on our socials to find out more etc etc
- Rediscover Council services – the Bayside Gallery has a fabulous range of online exhibitions and our libraries are ready to loan via ‘click and collect”. Our customer service counter is now open 1-4pm and other Council services continue to operate in a COVID Safe way, either remotely or online.
- Rediscover what we love about Bayside – there’s plenty to see, experience and discover in Bayside across our 17km of foreshore, many parks, reserves and open spaces. Try a guided walk, discover new public or street art or check out new community facilities built while you’ve been at home.
As always, please be COVID Safe while you are rediscovering life in Bayside post lock down. This means following current restrictions, wearing a mask, practising good hand/cough hygiene and getting tested if you have symptoms.
Check out the creation of our newest expanded dining areas in Melrose Street, Sandringham.