Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Based on the advice of the Chief Health Officer to help mitigate the risk of community transmission of COVID-19, Stage 3 "Stay at Home" restrictions will be reinstated across metropolitan Melbourne from 11:59pm Wednesday 8 July. This advice applies to Bayside.
In line with State Government restrictions, the following Council facilities will close or remain closed from 11.59pm Wednesday 8 July:
- Customer Service Front Counter at Corporate Centre - 76 Royal Avenue Sandringham
- Brighton, Hampton and Beaumaris libraries
- Community halls and facilities including Seniors Centres, Mens Sheds, Peterson Youth Centre and Community Centres
- Playground equipment and skate parks
- Public BBQs and water fountains
- Outdoor sport facilities, except for facilities where people can exercise with no more than one other person or members of your household
- Bayside Gallery
- Community Nursery
As of 11.59pm Wednesday 8 July, there are again only four reasons to leave your home:
- Shopping for food and essential items
- Care and caregiving
- Daily exercise
- Work and study – (if you can’t do it from home)
If you can stay home, you must stay home.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), you should get tested.
The Southland and Bunnings, Mentone testing sites are now closed. The closest drive through testing sites are located at:
Springers Keysborough, 400 Cheltenham Road, Keysborough VIC 3173
Chadstone, Gate 4, multi-deck carpark level 2, Site entry: via Waverley Rd to Golfers Drive
Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC), Albert Park VIC 3206, Site entry: Rear Carpark. Enter via Albert Road and Cecil Street entry point
Bayside is a connected and responsible community and we urge our residents to do the right thing so we can continue to protect our most vulnerable residents.
Stay safe Bayside, we all need to do our part.
If you, or someone you know are in need of assistance, we can help.
Call Council on 9599 4444 to speak with one of our friendly team.
For more information visit the DHHS website