Thursday, September 23, 2021
Way to go Bayside! We’ve played our part to help Victoria pass the 70% first COVID-19 vaccination jab target milestone.
In fact, Bayside is leading the way with 84.8%+ first COVID-19 vaccination jabs across our municipality for residents aged 15+ and 59.1% fully vaccinated. Let’s keep it up!
Everyone aged 12 years or older can now get a vaccine.
The best vaccine to get is the one that’s available to you right now. The best person to talk to if you have concerns about your health and being vaccinated against COVID-19 is your doctor, pharmacist or regular health professional. They can answer your questions and give you the information you need.
Sandringham Hospital has more than 2,000 COVID-19 vaccination appointments available to book now. There are also many appointments available at other vaccination clinics, GPs or Pharmacists.
Council is not a COVID-19 vaccination provider but there are number of vaccination providers in and around Bayside.
Victorian Government vaccination sites in Bayside
The main Victorian Government vaccination centre in Bayside is at Sandringham Hospital - Ambulatory Care Centre:
- 193 Bluff Road Sandringham. Enter from Edward Street.
- Bookings - call 1800 675 398 or online via the Victorian Government vaccine website.
- Operating 9am-5pm, 7 days a week.
- The clinic is a partnership of Connect Health & Community, Sandringham Ambulatory Care Centre, Bayside City Council and Alfred Health.
Vaccination centres close to Bayside
Other Victorian Government vaccination centres within a short drive of Bayside include:
- Monash Health – Kingston Centre
- Monash Health – Monash Medical Centre
- Monash Health – Moorabbin
- Monash Health - Sandown Racecourse mass vaccination centre.
You can also
- Book an appointment by calling 1800 675 398
- Walk-ins are accepted at some centres. If you walk in, you should be prepared to wait until an immuniser is free to provide you with a vaccine. Check which centres accept walk ins and their opening hours.
Australian Government vaccine information and providers including GPs and Pharmacists
The Australian Department of Health COVID-19 vaccine website includes a wide range of information on the vaccine and vaccination roll-out including details of local GP and Pharmacy vaccination sites in Bayside.
This includes a vaccine Eligibility Checker to check when you will be eligible for a vaccination.
Use the Eligibility Checker to see when and where you can be vaccinated. You will need to answer a series of questions to check your eligibility before the locations will be displayed.
Some of the GP clinic vaccination locations in Bayside include:
- Bluff Road Medical Centre, Sandringham
- New Street Medical Centre, Brighton
- North Brighton Medical Centre, Brighton
- Southend Medical Centre, Hampton
There are also a large number of pharmacies in Bayside offering vaccination appointments.
If you or someone you know needs assistance to book or travel to a vaccination appointment, we can help. Call 9599 4444 or email relief [at] bayside.vic.gov.au.
Victorian Government translated COVID-19 information
For COVID-19 information in your language visit:
Εμβόλια κατά της νόσου COVID-19
Covid-19 Vaccinations in Greek
Vaccini per il COVID-19
Covid-19 Vaccinations in Italian
Covid-19 Vaccinations in Japanese
Covid-19 Vaccinations in Chinese
Вакцины от COVID-19
Covid-19 Vaccinations in Russian
Remember, even as the vaccine rollout continues, it remains very important to stay safe by washing your hands regularly, carrying a face mask with you and wearing it when required, coughing and sneezing into your elbow, and keeping at least 1.5 metres from others. If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, you must get tested and stay home.
Stay safe Bayside.