- 1 cup self - raising flour or wholemeal self raising or gluten free self raising flour
- 1 cup brown, white or raw sugar
- 1 cup milk (any type such as cows, rice, almond or soy or yoghurt)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (or use 2 cups for a denser consistency)
- 1 cup eggs (that’s 4)
- 1 cup of a dried fruit or fresh chopped or grated fruit or a combination
- Vanilla, or cinnamon or mixed spice – about 1 tsp
Combine all the ingredients and mix well very. You can do this with a stand mixer or by hand.
Pour into a greased 22 cm pan and bake in a 180°C oven for 40 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Cake keeps well for up to 3 days in a sealed container or can be frozen wrapped in plastic wrap and or foil for up to 3 months.
It can be made in a half quantity (1/2 cup of ingredients and 2 eggs) and baked into a small 18cm cake pan.