The 5 key organisational areas of Council are:
- The Corporate Services Division
- The Environment, Recreation and Infrastructure Division
- The City Planning and Community Services Division, and
- The CEO Division which comprises:
- The Communications, Customer and Cultural Service Executive Department
- The Organisational Strategy and Performance Executive Department
These collectively comprise the major operational activities including services to the community, business, and governance functions necessary for an effective and publicly accountable body.
The Strategy and Performance and Communications, Customer and Cultural Services functions report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
The Chief Executive Officer manages the staff and resources of Council, as determined by the Victorian Local Government Act. Operational responsibilities for the organisation reside with the Chief Executive Officer. In turn, the Chief Executive Officer is employed by and reports to the elected Council.
CEO and Executive Team
- Mick Cummins – Acting Chief Executive Officer
- Bill Shanahan – Acting Director Corporate Services
- Steven White – Director Environment, Recreation and Infrastructure
- Hamish Reid – Director City Planning and Community Services
- Imogen Kelly – Acting Executive Manager Communications, Customer and Cultural Service
- Leanne Ansell-McBride – Executive Manager Strategy and Performance