Our grants programs are available to:
- assist not-for-profit and community organisations to establish, extend and improve programs and services that address local needs, and for which funding is not provided through federal or state government channels;
- encourage voluntary activity, community participation and the contribution of local groups and organisations to community life;
- promote sustainable community development and builds social capital; and;
- encourage innovative approaches to emerging issues and needs.
Bayside City Council offers two funding streams.
- The annual community grants program, open for applications annually between April-May.
- Contingency grants, offering targeted funding opportunities year round.
How are submissions evaluated?
Grants will be considered for initiatives by eligible community groups that meet the objectives of the Bayside Council grants policy.
Applications will be evaluated against the criteria contained in the guidelines and assessed by our officers on:
- evidence of need;
- fit with policies and priorities, particularly the wellbeing for all ages and abilities strategy 2017-2021:
- community involvement and inclusion;
- equity and access for the community;
- environmental sustainability; and
- overall expected benefits.
Grants will not be made for
- ongoing core operational costs such as salaries, training, facility maintenance, insurance, rent, utilities, infrastructure, capital projects and rubbish removal etc;
- initiatives that receive significant funding from another funding agency or are the responsibility of State or Federal government;
- fundraising for or by philanthropic foundations or charities;
- activities that form part of a school's curricular or extracurricular program and;
- organisations which have an outstanding debt to Council or have not satisfactorily acquitted a previous grant.
Successful grant recipients 2020/21
A list of previously funded successful applications can be found here: successful applications - 2020/21
Should you have any further enquiries please contact our Community Development Officer, (03) 9599 4787, or email@example.com
Do you require assistance with an online application?
If you have any online application issues please refer to the help guide and the applicant frequently asked questions. If further assistance is required contact the SmartyGrants Help Desk on (03) 9320 6888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a question about making a submission?
Bayside's Community Development Officer is available for contact on (03) 9599 4787, or email@example.com available 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
Want to find other grant opportunities?
You can search on the Grants Victoria website for all current grant opportunities.