We offer targeted grants to individuals and community organisations residing within Bayside.
Contingency grant programs are available to apply for funding year round and are guided by the contingency grants guidelines.
All applications are assessed on an individual basis and will be determined in accordance with the assessment criteria.
Contingency grants guidelines
Inclusive Bayside partnership grants
Grants of up to $5,000 are available for initiatives by community organisations, sports clubs and not for profit groups that encourage greater participation and inclusion of people with a disability in Bayside. Funding can support:
- delivery of programs, events or purchase equipment to ensure the inclusion of people with a disability.
- to foster partnerships between community organisations within Bayside
All applying organisations are encouraged to discuss their project idea with Council's Inclusion Officer - Andrew Shannon, phone 9599 4676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Events and festivals
Small grants of up to $1,000 are available for Bayside events and festivals run by not-for-profit groups and for the benefit of the Bayside community. All applications should identify a need and outline the benefit to the Bayside community.
Please note: Applying organisations must consider current social distancing requirements relating to the COVID-19 pandemic prior to planning community events and submitting an application. Information can be found at the DHHS website.
Individuals or families in financial hardship
Funding is available to individuals or families experiencing financial hardship to support participation in community life and improving personal outcomes through sustainable change. These may include but are not limited to:
- Social support: providing support for an individual to remain socially connected through membership to social activities such as sporting clubs, social groups and programs.
- Pursuing educational opportunities that would assist an individual to gain employment or improve life skills (not including educational fees).
- Other needs assessed on an individual basis. Requests for items that are covered by other state or federal government grants, subsidy programs or local crisis relief programs will not be considered.
Individuals or families experiencing financial hardship may receive assistance up to $500 per individual.
Applications must be made by a community service agency and will be considered and assessed on an individual basis. Please refer to the guidelines for further information.
A new program or community initiative
Funding is available to not-for-profit groups for new programs that:
- Address an emerging or unexpected community need; and
- Where an action is time critical.
Funding may also be used to support the delivery of relief and recovery activities which address community needs resulting from community wide emergencies. All applications will be considered and assessed on an individual basis. All applications should identify a need and outline the benefit to the Bayside community. Generally, no more than $5,000 is provided per program.
Donations to fundraising appeals
Where relevant and appropriate, donations to fundraising appeals and major national or international issues will be considered and assessed on an individual basis. Funding will only be provided to organisations with approved charitable status. All applications should identify a need and outline the benefit to the Bayside community. Applications for fundraising events will be referred to the Events and Festivals stream.
Successful grant recipients 2020/21
A list of previously funded successful applications can be found here: successful applications - 2020/21
Shopping centre event and celebration program
The shopping centre event and celebration program provides grants to trader associations and community groups within Bayside to conduct events, or hold celebrations in shopping centres which benefit the local economy and community. To be successful, the event should:
- Contribute to the economic well-being of the shopping precinct; and
- Raise the level of engagement with residents and community groups.
Do you have a question about Bayside's grant program?
Bayside's Community and Social Planner is available for contact on (03) 9599 4787, or email@example.com available 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday.
For online support
The grants platform provider Smartygrants is also available to assist with log-in, or other issues as they arise in business hours.
Phone: (03) 9320 6888
These images appear larger in the gallery box