The following is a list of Bayside indigenous climbers that are available for purchase at the Community Nursery. Please note that the stock of many species is highly variable and subject to sell out at short notice. Helpful nursery staff are available during nursery open hours to provide advice on selecting plants for your garden.
The table below uses letters to denote the type of environment the species are suited to:
- A plants are adaptable, growing well in most soil types and aspects
- C plants are for coast – dune scrub and woodland
- D plants prefer dry, well drained soils and tolerates dryness once established
- S plants prefer or tolerate full shade
- H plants prefer heath or woodland
- W plants prefer or tolerate moist soils, wetness and periodic inundation
Please note, all indigenous plants provide habitat and food for local birds, insects and other native animals.
|Species name||Common name||Key|
|Billardiera mutabilis||Common Apple-berry||HA|
|Clematis microphylla||Small-leaved Clematis||HCA|
|Comesperma volubile||Love Creeper||HDS|
|Hardenbergia violacea||Purple Coral Pea||HD|
|Muehlenbeckia australis||Climbing Lignum||HCDS|