Using your bins correctly ensures that all recyclable and compostable materials are processed effectively and it saves these precious resources from ending up in a landfill.
Save $50.35 a year off the Council waste charge by reducing waste and downsizing from a 140-litre bin to an 80-litre bin.
Fill out our contact us form, and we can call you to discuss the right size bin for your property.
Waste challenge tips
- Check for recycling in every room. Many items in your kitchen, bathroom, laundry, lounge and study can go in your recycling bin.
- Make sure items are empty. Items don't need to be sparkling clean, just empty. Remove solid food scraps, like pizza and leftovers.
- Keep recycling out of plastic bags. If you put your recycling in plastic bags, it will end up in a landfill because it can't be sorted and recycled.
- Make recycling easy. Place separate rubbish and recycling bins in each room of your house to make recycling easy. If you don't have enough room for two bins, try a small box or container under the bench or in a cupboard to collect recycling.
- Garden waste. Use the green waste service or compost.
- Food waste. Compost, worm farm and reduce your food print.
- Household chemicals. Find out about our Detox your home program.
- Electronic waste. Computers an can be picked up and recycled through our hard waste service.