- The registered owner
- The driver responsible for the vehicle at the time of the offence
- A person who has been formally nominated as the driver or
- An authorised representative
- Not seeing or misreading a parking sign
- Being delayed at an appointment or being in a hurry
- Finding nowhere else to park
- Moving your vehicle from one parking space directly to another between the same parking signs
- Parking for a very short time
- Not displaying a valid parking permit
- Believing that because the meter was broken there were no restrictions
- Leaving the vehicle because you, or a passenger, needed to use the toilet
- Making an error when using the parking meter
- Stopping to let a passenger in or out, or to make a quick delivery
- Stopping to answer your mobile phone
You can view the infringement details including any photos that may have been taken online. You will need your infringement number and vehicle registration number. This information can help you decide on what action to take to resolve your fine.
You can learn about requesting an infringement review on our 'How to request an infringement review' web page.
Once we receive your application, your fine will be put on hold so you don't incur any additional costs. You will be notified of the outcome in writing within 2 weeks however legislation allows for 90 days to respond.
To request a review by mail, the following information is required:
- your name and address
- your contact telephone number
- the infringement number
- your vehicle registration number
- an explanation or appeal
Your appeal will be reviewed by our Infringement Review team and an answer will be sent in writing, to the return contact details provided with your application.
If you were not the person in control of the vehicle at the time of the infringement, you will need to fill in an operator owner onus form (PDF, 626.02KB) supplying us with the name and address of the person that was in control of the vehicle at the time of offence.
Send your application to:
The Appeals Officer
Bayside City Council
PO Box 27
Sandringham VIC 3191
You can nominate the person who was in possession or control of the vehicle via our online form.
You must be the registered owner of the vehicle to complete this request. You can decline to be dealt with under these enforcement provisions, and request to have the matter dealt with by a court.
Looking for an alternative payment arrangement? You can request an extension to the existing due date, or you can request to go onto a payment plan.