New playground designs are developed using feedback from our young Playground Testers, other playground users, local residents and members of the community.
In 2017 new designs were finalised for North Road Foreshore Playground, F.L.Yott Playground and Dendy Park North Playground with construction planned for 2018.
We also conducted community consultation on playgrounds at Basterfield Park North, N.G Wishart Reserve, Gypsy Village Park, Elsternwick Park South (South) and Brighton Beach Oval. Draft designs for upgrades at these playgrounds will be shared for community feedback in mid 2018.
Playgrounds upgraded in 2017
- A.F. Peterson Reserve, Highett
- Alexander Park, Hampton
- Allambee Park, Sandringham
- Bamfield Street Reserve, Sandringham
- Basterfield Park South, Hampton East
- Holyrood Street Reserve, Hampton
- Illaroo Reserve, Beaumaris
- Myrtle Road, Hampton
- Pasadena Avenue Reserve, Beaumaris
- Picnic Gardens, Sandringham
- Robert C. Grieve Park, Brighton
- Wilson Reserve East, Brighton
Playgrounds upgraded in 2016
- Beaumaris Reserve South, Beaumaris
- Highland Avenue Reserve, Highett
- Hurlingham Park, Brighton East
- Lyle Anderson Reserve, Highett
- Spring Road playground, Hampton East
- Tibrockney Street Reserve, Highett
- Tulip Grove Playground, Cheltenham
Register to be involved in future playground consultation and view Council’s full Playground Improvement Plan at YourBayside website.