When to use this form:
To lodge a Request to be Heard in respect of eligible Agenda items for a:
- Ordinary / Special meeting of Council
- Planning and Amenity Delegated Committee meeting
* Note - for Planning and Amenity Delegated Committee meetings:
Existing objectors, supporters and the permit applicant will be notified in writing if the application will be considered by the Committee, and advised of the relevant date and time. Until notification, any submissions / queries should be directed to the Planning Department.
Council is closely monitoring the State Government’s directives in response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Ordinary meetings of Council and Planning & Amenity Delegated Committee meetings will commence at 5pm unless otherwise indicated in the applicable Agenda.
Temporary meeting procedures are in effect until further notice, whereby Council and Committee meetings will be held remotely and without members of the public present; however, meetings will be live-streamed via Council’s website: Live Council Meetings
The following changes with regard to Requests to be Heard have been implemented:
- in place of speaking in-person at a Council / Committee meeting, members of the public may submit a written statement which must be sent electronically, or delivered to Council's Corporate Centre, by 9:00am on the day of the meeting
- written statements received after 9:00am on the day of the meeting will not be considered by the meeting
- a person may only make a written statement to an Ordinary Meeting/Special Committee Meeting in relation to an item listed in the agenda under Reports by the Organisation, and even then not if the item is in the nature of a report summarising a decision already made by another body; or if the report relates to a Tender Report relating to the awarding of a contract
- in accordance with Chapter 2, Section 83(1) of Council’s Governance Rules 2020 , any statement which is derogatory, or defamatory of any Councillor, member of Council staff, or member of the community may not be accepted
- where a person has formally made a written statement in relation to an item on the agenda, the statement will be provided to all councillors in advance of the meeting
- written statements are not confidential and, following the closure for receipt of statements, will be published (including first and last names only) on Council’s website as an attachment to the Agenda for the relevant meeting: Agendas
- written statements will not be read out at the meeting; however, the Chairperson will advise the meeting of the number of statements received to each item.
Once you click the submit button below, you will receive an automated acknowledgement email and your request will be forwarded to our Governance office for processing. If you do not receive the automated acknowledgement, please contact the Governance office on (03) 9599 4444.