You can request property information under regulation 51 (1 or 2) of the Building Regulations 2018.
Regulation 51 (1)
A request under this regulation provides details of any:
- permit or certificate of final inspection issued in the preceding 10 years
- current notice or order issued by the relevant building surveyor under the Building Act.
Regulation 51 (2)
A request under this regulation provides details as to whether the land is in an area:
- that is liable to flooding within the meaning of regulation 5 (2)
- where a bushfire attack level has been specified in a planning scheme and as referred to in Part 11
- that is in an area determined under regulation 152 to be likely to be subject to significant snowfalls
- that is designated under regulation 150 as an area in which buildings are likely to be subject to attack by termites.