What is the Resonance Music Series?
The Resonance Music Series is a celebration of classical music from the medieval to today. The musical programs are held in a variety of venues throughout Bayside. Previously these concerts have included a program of opera favourites, historic early music, chamber music and newly composed music by Australian and international composers.
- To enrich the cultural life of the community by providing access to a high-quality affordable concert series.
- To provide opportunities for musicians to practice their craft and engage new audiences.
These aims will be achieved by
- Producing entertaining and enjoyable experiences for diverse audiences across the municipality from autumn to summer annually.
- Fostering greater interest and appreciation of music by providing quality affordable performances for classically trained musicians.
The program should also contribute to the development of Bayside’s Arts and Culture experience by providing access to high quality art activities and by giving local artists professional development opportunities.
Who can apply?
Any musical groups that may be: trio, ensemble, group, orchestra, choir/voice or music producer. Not-for-profit musical organisations are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible to apply you must have current public liability insurance to the value of $10 million.
What do I need to provide in the expression of interest?
You are required to supply information about your musical group or program that can be performed between the dates 1 March to 30 June 2018. It will be necessary to outline musical themes, proposed dates, times and locations of performances and identify key target audiences.
Should you be successful in the expression of interest process you will be responsible for organising all logistics associated with the performances, including venue booking, box office as well as having all performance details confirmed in advance for the production of the Resonance brochure. Applicants are required to supply details of at least two professional referees in support of the application.
We will provide a fee for this service and will enter into an agreement with the performing partner.
How will the expression of interest be assessed?
The selection of applicants is based on the assessment criteria below and is conducted by a panel comprising of two Council arts and culture officers and one industry expert. The panel will make a recommendation to the Executive Manager, Communications, Customer and Cultural Services who approves the final selection.
Short-listed applicants may be required to attend an interview, either in person or by telephone.
The panel will be looking for a music program that is of high quality and variety and which includes performances that appeal to younger audiences. All decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating a quality music program
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with local government and/or not for profit organisations
- Proven experience in managing budgets, resourcing and project teams
- Strong understanding of Occupational Health and Safety
How to apply
You will need a digital copy of your certificate of currency for $10 million of public liability insurance. Once you have this, you can complete the online form.
What happens if you are successful in your expression of interest?
If you are successful with your application you will be contacted by 15 February 2018 to advise the next steps which will include:
- Letter of agreement outlining the contract for service fees and conditions
- Call out for expression of interest, Friday 13 October 2017
- Due date for submissions Thursday 30 November 2017
- Advice to applicants 25 January 2018
- All program details confirmed for publication Thursday 15 February 2018
artevents [at] bayside.vic.gov.au
(03) 9599 4444 in business hours