New raised zebra crossings will be installed at the intersection of Bay and Asling Bay Street and Church and Carpenter Street in Brighton.
Raised zebra crossings help to improve safety by:
- slowing vehicle speeds on approach to the roundabout
- making it easier for drivers to see pedestrians
- improving access and walkability for pedestrians, including those with mobility impairments.
These works are part of Bayside City Council’s investment in improving pedestrian safety on key walking routes.
The Council Plan 2017-2021 prioritises walking and cycling as the preferred modes of transport for short trips in Bayside.
A similar roundabout crossing is located at the Church and Male Street roundabout (pictured).
Bay and Asling Bay Street roundabout works
Mid May 2019
Traffic management measures include
- Traffic controllers along the street and pathways to direct traffic
- Asling Street and St Andrews Street will be closed for through traffic
- Re-directing traffic at different stages of the roundabout
Church and Carpenter Street roundabout works
0403 664 327