What’s happening now?
We are completing investigations and design of the village bus stops, which is required to accommodate the new village square. We have PTV and VicRoads approval in principle for this work.
Our next step is to undertake detailed design of the footpaths, street furniture, trees and planting and then put the plans on display for everyone to view. We will talk with traders and residents about how we can minimise disruption during construction.
Council endorsed the Masterplan at the May 2016 meeting and feedback was invaluable in helping to set its direction.
The Masterplan sets the overall vision to enhance the Sandringham Village and make it a more attractive and appealing place to spend time.
View the Masterplan
The endorsed Sandringham Village Streetscape Masterplan can be downloaded from the document library on our Have Your Say website.
Please note that feedback is no longer being sought via this site.
Key features of the Masterplan
- A village square immediately in front of the Sandringham Train Station
- Two new public spaces, one in front of the Station and the other in Waltham Street
- Improved pedestrian access
- Attractive public spaces with furniture upgrades
- Enhanced streetscapes with more trees and improved signage
- Wider footpaths with street trees in station street.
For further information
Please feel free to contact Steve Fernee on:
(03) 9599 4685